0 babelonium: Maureen Dowd

11/15/2004

Maureen Dowd

Did anyone see Maureen's column today?


Not only are they irate at his [Arlen Specter] fairly innocuous comment after the election that anti-Roe v. Wade judges would have a hard time getting through the Senate. They are also full of bloodthirsty feelings of revenge against the senator for championing stem cell research and for voting against Robert Bork - who denounces Mr. Specter as "a bit shifty" - 17 years ago.
"He is a problem, and he must be derailed," Dr. James Dobson, founder and chairman of Focus on the Family, told George Stephanopoulos.
[I love this: ] Sounding more like the head of a mob family than a ministry, Dr. Dobson told Mr. Stephanopoulos about a warning he issued a White House staffer after the election that the president and Republicans had better deliver on issues like abortion, gay marriage and conservative judges or "I believe they'll pay a price in the next election."

Dobson as Tony Soprano - I Like it. It was the review of Willard's Paradise Lost that made me think of sharing this, btw. But I love Maureen Dowd any day. Check out her

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2004 at 8:53 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I wonder if Dowd has ever considered politics? (Come to think of it, I wonder how many politicians have come from a journalism background?) She seems to know pretty much everything. She thinks well on her feet. The camera loves her. She's charming. And people don't seem to hate her as much as they hate Hillary.

 
At November 16, 2004 at 11:59 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

I read Ethan Frome and HATED it. I was wildly surprised that the lunatic-fringe fundamentalists I grew up with did not make us read it. It's so moralistic it would have been right up their alley. I liked House of Mirth. It's the only other Wharton -- no, I have read Age of Innocence as well. EF must have been an aberration. Maybe old Edith had gone off her medication...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home