0 babelonium: Graeme Base

12/08/2004

Graeme Base

I love the Judging a Book by Its Cover feature on Bookslut, and now one more reason to do so: in this month's issue, I find out that Graeme Base has a new book out, Jungle Drums (and there's one I didn't know about, The Watering Hole...extra bonus!). Guess what I'm getting myself for Christmas?

I own several other books of his - Animalia, Eleventh Hour, Sign of the Seahorse. In college I rationalized buying picture books because I was a design major, and so owning his books was a necessary part of learning design. But now I am old enough (and somewhat mature enough) to admit that his books are just plain FUN, and the illustrations are gorgeous, and I could never hope to come anywhere close to his talent in a million years. These are books that I will not surrender to the grubby sticky hands of my little ones. They'll have to ask for their own copies. Sorry, guys!

1 Comments:

At December 10, 2004 at 11:07 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I JUST bought The Eleventh Hour for Teddy yesterday, thanks to that Bookslut post. I can't wait to give it to him!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home