0 babelonium: Blockbuster

1/18/2005

Blockbuster

I just finished Tom Shone's Blockbuster. It was entertaining but ultimately...well... incoherent. It reminded me in tone and style of Elizabeth Wurtzel's Bitch - disjointed, with random thoughts stuck in all over, more like lots of little essays cobbled together into a book. Which is not to say that it wasn't very entertaining or that the writing wasn't passable, and it definitely makes me want to go rent Jaws.

So then I picked up Sara Nelson's So Many Books, So Little Time, about her year of reading a book a week. (Ha, how hard is that?) I thought I could just dabble in it a bit till I fell asleep but I wound reading almost the whole thing, and now have another list as long as my arm to check out. Thank God Moneyball hasn't shown up in this one yet, or I'd be forced to read it!

Off I go to the library to pay my overdue fines. They're still the best bargain going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home