0 babelonium: author groupies

12/16/2004

author groupies

OK, spill the beans...

in no particular order, the top five authors you'd be happy to bonk (see Gina's Tom Wolfe pic below for inspiration : ))

Mine are, hmmm, let's see -

Jasper Fforde (The Eyre Affair)

Salman Rushdie...I know, I know, but the man is brilliant and *sort of* cute, even with those eyelids...or maybe it's because of the eyelids....

Arthur Phillips, based solely on one interview and his author pic. I am only a third of the way thru Prague.

Randolph Ash - I know he's a fictional author, but hey, it's my question.

Hmmm... picking my fifth is the hardest because you have to leave out so many -
maybe Edith Wharton (no, I have no idea what she looked like but who cares after reading House of Mirth?). Or in the same vein, Henry James. (Obviously I mean, pre-death) Maybe JK Rowling...hmmm...no, I am going to have to go with Jon Krakauer. Sorry.

7 Comments:

At December 16, 2004 at 9:06 AM, Blogger Gina said...

Arhtur Phillips (hot). David Mitchell (brilliant). Forster (understands/appreciates women). And maybe Emily Bronte? I don't like Wuthering Heights at all, but I will concede that it's passionate; EB may have been quite the roll in the hay. And can I count someone from the non-fiction realm? If so, this is a great time to talk about my crush on NPR's Tom Gjelten. He's smart, handsome, well-traveled . . . YUM! :-)

 
At December 16, 2004 at 9:29 AM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

oooh, i forgot david mitchell. how could i?

 
At December 16, 2004 at 9:30 AM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

Tom Gjelten IS a hottie. And I've always liked older men.

 
At December 17, 2004 at 1:36 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

Need I remind you that *you* are a writer, and you are not an awful human being?

 
At December 18, 2004 at 8:53 AM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

No you aren't. You hide your compassion and kindness and generosity under that curmudgeonly exterior, and I am sorry to have to out you like this : )

 
At November 13, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to right a book to hopefully get on this list.

 
At November 13, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

opps...write a book. Better hire a good editor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home