0 babelonium: whoo-hoooo! a new Salman Rushdie novel!

12/10/2004

whoo-hoooo! a new Salman Rushdie novel!

Admittedly Fury sucked....but I'll still check out the new one especially since I've always been fond of Niccolo Macchiavelli. (Don't ask.)

And while I am at it, Ben and I decided we will both read Tom Wolfe's new one. It's sort of like a suicide pact but, frankly, worse. I hated Man in Full so much I couldn't even give it away; I had to throw it out. (I can't help but notice it's selling for a penny on Amazon. I wouldn't even pay that.) I was reading it on an airplane and could not even see my way clear to just leave it on the plane for some other poor sucker to find. If the phrase "Peel yo' scalp" appears ANYWHERE in I am Charlotte Simmons, I am SOOOO outta there.

2 Comments:

At December 13, 2004 at 9:30 AM, Blogger Gina said...

I carried Charlotte Simmons around with me in the library the other day . . . and I ended up putting it back. I didn't even want to read it FOR FREE.

Good luck to you and Ben.

 
At December 13, 2004 at 10:24 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

I forget.

Did anyone see this?
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/books/12/13/odd.literature.sex.reut/index.html

as added impetus for reading this dreck....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home