0 babelonium: Willy Wonka

1/18/2005

Willy Wonka

So Finding Neverland is a movie I definitely want to see, and apparently its stars are going to work together again in the remake of Willy Wonka. (If you scroll down the linked page, theres a pic of the shooting, with Depp and Highmore. Looks ok.) Has anyone else seen Gene Wilder's version lately? I remember thinking, "This would be so much better if only I were stoned." It's a freaky little movie; I will definitely be interested in the remake. But what's next? The Wizard of Oz? The Sound of Music? I still have this sneaky little feeling that some things really should be left alone.

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2005 at 1:58 PM, Blogger Jake said...

The Tim Burton directed version with Depp and Highmore will be sticking a lot closer to the book by Roald Dahl. Which will be great because the book was more twisted and dark than the Gene Wilder movie. Burton should do one heck of a job with this one...

I am not a huge fan of remakes, but heck if Burton remakes it, it will be good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home